Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1 Peter 2:4-10

How will your life as a teacher honor God’s love for you and all that He has given you? I believe that God is the one who has blessed me with the gift of teaching, but I am the one who needs to do something about it. I can glorify God and show him honor by becoming an effective teacher. I can work hard to learn new teaching strategies and even continuing to leaner more content. My goal is to be a servant of God, doing what he has called me to do. I must earnestly desire to also see my students excel both academically and socially. God places a high standard for those in authority, so I must demonstrate that in more than just my time in the classroom. One thing that that I can do to show how I honor God's love is to show that love to my students so that they know that I respect and care for them. Though I can't actually Explain God's love to my students but I can demonstrate it through mu actions. I can also show God's love to my colleagues and administrators by being patient and respectful. I must find the higher ground and walk that path so that I will not only honor god but be a witness to those I am around.  9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen you walk that higher ground and I have also witnessed your servant attitude. You have been a blessing in class. Debbie

    ReplyDelete